We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed

ireland
Level Contributor
147 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed

I am going to Cork at the end of July for 5 nights planning to visit Cork city, Cobh, Kinsale, Youghal, Clonakilty, Douglas. I was thinking of staying the first two nights in cork city i am not too sure what to do after that. Would it best to stay a night in kinsale, cobh, youghal etc or would it be best to base myself in Cork city and do day trips to above towns? We will have a car and be driving. Is there any attractions you would definitely recommend?

Thanks In Advance

Fredericksburg, Va
Destination Expert
for Fredericksburg
Level Contributor
830 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed

Hello. I have a soft spot in my heart for Youghal, a very nice town to visit. It's right on the water, has old town walls and town gates, a house that Walter Raleigh lived in, a nice walking tour, a lighthouse, and good restaurants and pubs. Do try to spend one night there. A great place to put your feet up for a night. Hope this helps, and enjoy.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed

You might want to check what you want to visit before committing to Douglas. I live in Douglas and while a pleasant suburb with all facilities, I don't know if it offers much to a tourist. Maybe the golf club if you're into it. However, if you have a specific destination, I'd be interested to know.

As an alternative, Crosshaven is close to the city and has a bit to offer.

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
782 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed

Depends on if you like staying in a city or smaller towns. If you go to Clonakilty I'd stay there a night or two. Enough pubs and restaurants to keep it interesting. A day trip to Mizen Head on a sunny day is worth a trip with lunch on the water in Crookhaven. About an hour and 15 min from Clon

ireland
Level Contributor
147 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed

Had a lovely time in cork, Cobh, Kinsale and Clonakilty definitely worth a visit.

5. Re: Help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cork