We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruise visit

florida
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cruise visit

Arriving in Cobh May 16 on MS Amsterdam. At dock 8 AM leaves 6PM. Six or more of us would like to rent a van with driver/guide to maximize what we can see in this area. Any suggestions on who to contact for this service?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,619 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cruise visit

Start off by contacting Cahalane coaches. They have all shapes and sices of vans. Here is a link to their web site. They do exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.bus-hire-cork.com/

florida
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cruise visit

Thanks for your response. Sent them an e-mail.

Do you think a drive through the Ring of Kerry is doable??

thanks

Rene

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,619 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cruise visit

Yes I do think the R of K is doable. If you leave at 9am to be back at 5pm that gives you 9 hours. 1.5 Hours to Kenmare, 1.5 hours back, that's 3. Leaving you with 6 hours to play with. Yes part of it is certainly doable but very much a whistlestop tour. I recommend instead that your driver takes you straight to Muckross House and Gardens in Killarney (2 hours from Cobh)- beautiful and then to Kate Kearneys cottage where you can walk or take a horse and trap ride through the Gap of Dunloe - beautiful. I think your driver will also have time to take you to Molls gap. Then stop on the way home for food at at the Mills Pub in Ballyvourney. Traditional pub where you can have anything from a drink to a full hot meal. Very nice. Be wary of the weather, if it is a dull, horrible day your views at the places I mentioned will be curtailed somewhat.

Cahalanes will give you more details, if they don't email you very soon, let me know and I'll contact them and put the skids under them !!!!

ENJOY

florida
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cruise visit

Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated!!!

new york
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cruise visit

please contact john lawor in cobh ccbs on 003534814399,

tom from Kellys bar in cobh sent you this

new york
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cruise visit

sorry the no is 00353214814299

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,670 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cruise visit

Thats the same Tom who posted this earlier this year.....

cobh co cork

Kellz

new york (2416848)

Posted on: 4:59 pm, Jan 09, 2006 Report inappropriate post

I loved Cobh , great pubs, kellys on the front the best. great town

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cruise visit

rene, i would not recommend doing the ring of kerry for such a short time....i mean if you leave at 9:00 and back at 5:00 that's only eight hours and as bryno said 1.5 hours to and from is a total of 3 hours, with only 5 remaining for you to do the ring....i may just be a terrible driver but i don't believe it is possible to get around the ring in that length of time even if you don't stop for anything.....

i would say use it to visit the cobh heritage center and maybe a few small villages close by but definitely not the ring of kerry.....

keep in mind that is just my opinion......

Get answers to your questions about Cork