We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antiquing in Cork/Cobh

West Tisbury, MA
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Antiquing in Cork/Cobh

Was wondering if anyone can please recommend any antique shops in North Cork area(Mallow/Mitchelstown/Fermoy), Cork City or Cobh ? Looking for that treasure to take home...

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antiquing in Cork/Cobh

Hi linilini,

There are antique fairs on regularly in Kilcoran Lodge Hotel, which is on your way from Cork to Cashel. Depending on the date you are arriving I would suggest looking up The Saturday supplement of The Examiner (www.examiner.ie) as it gives dates of auctions and sales in the Cork/Tipp area - look towards the back pages.

Shops tend to be more expensive and unless you are an expert (and perhaps you are!) I would go towards the auction route. However, there is one shop that I know of on Cook Street in Cork city where they seem to have some nice pieces and not too expensive.

Alternatively, you could ring a local auctioneer in Fermoy/Mitchelstown (I think they are Walsh Auctioneers) and their number is normally in the Examiner too.

Happy hunting....M.

Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Antiquing in Cork/Cobh

It got so expensive to dump anything in Ireland the second hand market is booming..

Try www.buyandsell.ie you will be amazed what you will find or better put in you own free ad and you can specify what kind of stuff you are looking for..

Get answers to your questions about Cork