We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cork in February

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ely, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cork in February

I will be on my own in Cork from the 18th to 21st February. Is it going to be very quiet at this unseasonable time of year? Any ideas of what do to and where to go in Feb would be appreciated.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cork in February

Hi teacher,

Four days in Cork city is a long time !!

I need more info. What are your interests? Will you have a car? Do you want to stay in Hotel, B&B or Hostel?

Let me know.

Ely, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cork in February

Thanks for responding! I'll be staying in a hostel. I won't have a car. I'm just escaping for a while and don't have anything particular in mind, just walking in the areas around Cork (I don't mind the weather), seeing what there is to see, going for a drink in interesting bars (should this be a problem for a lone female?). The whole holiday is 'on the cheap' so I don't plan to spend a fortune - just wander and take in the atmosphere. Any ideas?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cork in February

Kinlay House is a hostel in Cork City that was well liked by single female poster WelshRarebit, here is what she had to say when she stayed there over christmas:

"Posted on: 2:59 am, Dec 28, 2005 Report inappropriate post

I love Ireland! I had a wonderful time and am already planning another trip in February. Killarney is absolutely beautiful, although I did seem to attract some attention from the locals as a lone female walker.

Cork is my kind of city and I shall sing its praises forevermore. Special mention has to made of the staff at Kinlay House hostel for making my stay a very relaxing and comfortable one, and I shall most definately return.

Kinlay house have a fairly decent website, check it out.

Here are some areas of cork/Kerry you should attempt to get to when you land here. As I don't know what your interests are I cannot be very specific, but all of the places below offer nice easy/interesting walking

Blarney (Visit Blarney Castle)

Kinsale (Visit Charles Fort and Walk the Scilly Walk)

Cobh (Go to the Heritage Centre and visit the Cathedral at the top of the hill, great views of the harbour)

Clonakilty (Walk around the town and visit the Model Railway)

Kenmare (Walk around this quaint town, there is a great hostel there called Failte)

Killarney (Visting Muckross House and gardens and take photos of Torc Waterfall)

Bantry (Lovely town, lots of walks)

Glengarriff (Lovely town, Visit Garnish Island)

Schull (Walk out the Colla Road, visit the old time pubs)

You can get to all of the above by bus, and in the cas of Cobh, by train.

Look at the Irish bus website for ideas www.buseireann.ie

For any specific info on the above you can email me at brynoadvisor@yahoo.ie