We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurling Match?

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hurling Match?

I will be heading to Dublin, Cork, Limerick and in between early August with my family. My 3 boys really want to see a hurling match. I am having no luck finding info on the GAA official website. Can anyone help me get a schedule - local games would be fine as we are avid sportsmen and simply want a feel for the games!!

Level Contributor
796 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurling Match?

Hi, try www.clubgaa.ie. They have a message board someone may be able to help you with local club matches. Limerick and Cork are good hurling counties but early august and into september is the build up to the inter county championship (All Ireland final held 1st week in September) You should try to get to see some of the semi' finals in Croke Park for a unique experience. I'm not too informed on the subject although I live in Co Galway which is a mad hurling county!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
376 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurling Match?

Cork are the All Ireland champions and if you want to see "real hurling" try to get a game while you are in Cork or else get one in Croke Park. Site with upcoming fixtures is http://cork.gaa.ie/. Also www.rebelgaa.com/ have a forum about cork hurling and should be able to advise you. Enjoy hurling regards of where ever you view it.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurling Match?

Good stuff! Thanks.

ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurling Match?

The All Ireland Hurling Semi Finals as far as I know are on the 14th and the 21st of August in Croke Park in Dublin I would suggest if the dates suit you could try and join about 80,000 people at one of the semi finals you won't regret it.

www.crokepark.ie

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,383 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurling Match?

You can buy tickets for many of the major Hurling and football matches at www.gaa.ie (They use ticketmaster, so there will be a handling charge)

On the same website, there is a Contact Us section, and I would email the tickets@gaa.ie and ask them for info on up and coming matches. I did that recently and got a very 'human' response.

Be warned, it can be very difficult to get tickets for the major matches in Croke Park (Dublin) and Pairc Ui Caoimh in Cork etc. However in August every parish will be holding local games which are easy to get to see and not expensive (sometimes free!!!!)

Every parish has it's own hurling and football team, just ask at the accomodation where you are staying.

You and your lads will really enjoy the experience