We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showgrounds Concerts

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Showgrounds Concerts

Hi

Hoping for some help here.

I'm going over to Cork in the summer but will be flying over and using public transport while we are there.

We are there for 4 days to go to the Showgrounds for a concert and to do the tourist bit.

Can anyone recommend a hotel / guest house / area we shouls stay in that is handy for the Showground, Cork City and the Airport?

Much appreciated

Caroline

Dublin Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Showgrounds Concerts

Cork is a small city ; best to stay in city centre - Showgrounds only a 20/30 minute walk but plenty of buses as well. Jurys Inn cheap , normally a room rather than per person rate

Dublin Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Showgrounds Concerts

From Cork myself. Cork is a small city ; best to stay in city centre - Showgrounds only a 20/30 minute walk but plenty of buses as well. Jurys Inn reasonable , normally a room rather than per person rate (if a group of you) & near bus station for Airport . Also could use taxis if 3/4 of you as small city = low fares. B&Bs good if you like big fried breakfast to keep you fed for the day !

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Showgrounds Concerts

That's great - thanks for your help. I'm considering the Imperial Hotel - any comments??

Thanks

Caroline

Dingle, Co. Kerry
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Showgrounds Concerts

Caroline,

The Imperial hotel is right bang in the city centre, you get more central. It is also within a 20 minute walk to the "Showgrounds". You better check parking, as it may be limited due to the city centre location.

They have refurbished parts of the hotel, it would be considered middle of the road rather than top of the heap, but the location makes a bib difference.