We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pub Food near Old Ground Hotel

Which Ennis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
919 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Best Pub Food near Old Ground Hotel

Hi All,

Staying at the Old Ground Hotel and wondering where we can get the best Pub Food within walking distance of this Hotel on a Monday night?

We are already eating at Poet's Corner Bar and Cloisters.

Lozzie64

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,322 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Pub Food near Old Ground Hotel

We like Preacher's Bar at The Temple Gate Hotel, nice choice of food, friendly staff and not far from where you are staying.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Pub Food near Old Ground Hotel

Tony, fingers crossed for your bacon and cabbage.

Rumour has it that they are hoping to turn it into a bistro!

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Pub Food near Old Ground Hotel

It's been a couple of years, but Cruise's used to be fairly decent ...

http://www.county-clare-i.com/cruises.html

Bob

Sydney
Level Contributor
919 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Pub Food near Old Ground Hotel

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your tips and suggestions. Think we have 3 nights of dinners to fill so should be right now with everyone's suggestions.

Please let me know if Brogans still good?64

Lozzie64

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,685 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Pub Food near Old Ground Hotel

Well the car passed the NCT..On to Brogans, Chris had the Seafood Soup (chowder?) and in the absence of Bacon and Cabbage on today's menu I had the Sausage & Colcannon. The Chowder was reportedly almost as good as Mannions, which is a big tick. The Sausage and Colcannon arrived in the new fancy style giving rise to a comment that put a smile on Pat's face but it did tick the boxes and filled a corner. The Guinness was good as was the Irish Coffee. I did notice a lot of specials boards around town and was a little tempted by Knox's, maybe Wednesday on the way back from SNN.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best Pub Food near Old Ground Hotel

Hi Tony, glad Brogan's did not disappoint despite the subtle changes in the menu:-)

17. Re: Best Pub Food near Old Ground Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 20, 2014