We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants closed in top 20 list in ennis

Limerick
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants closed in top 20 list in ennis

Rogues is no longer rogues and the cloister restauarnt isnt opened either. It seems that some of the restaurants in the top 20 the revies arent calculated fairly and should be lower or higher than there placing- thats according to my own calculations. I work for a food and wine section in a newspaper and use trip advisor sometimes and the placings seem to be wrong in some cases. Maybe the list needs to be reviewed? it crtainly seems unfair to other restauarnts when ones that are closed down or have stopped there restauarnt are above others let alone miscalculations based on reviews, can this please be fixed?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,796 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants closed in top 20 list in ennis

Mazza, what you need to go is either report the restaurants directly on the page they are on, which is what I did at one stage for the Limerick restaurants or else contact Trip Advisor directly. If you go to forumsupport@tripadvisor.com you should get some assistance. I don't think this is the correct e-mail address for your query but its the only one I can remember at the moment.

If you do work for the Food and Wine section of a local newspaper, then perhaps you could post here and assist others just as TA has assisted you.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants closed in top 20 list in ennis

I might be wrong as I haven't been down for a couple of months but Cloisters is revamped and reopened (about a year now?) so recent reviews will, as is always the case be more reliable than older ones.

I am extremely sceptical about food place reviews. People complain that they don't get Michelin star treatment when sitting for a pub meal, yet praise to god food I wouldn't give the dog in places that are reputedly excellent (with prices to match).

Dublin
Level Contributor
914 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants closed in top 20 list in ennis

Personal agenda postings are annoying - where is your travel advise??????

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants closed in top 20 list in ennis

Mazza H

TA relies it's membership to keep the listings correct.

However, from time to time they tend to change just how to do so and so it's worth visiting the suppost forum as per the link Bean A has provided.

It used to be possible to adjust a restaurants details on the individual restaurant's listings page, but that has changed recently and so you need this page, tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_alert_us_when_a_…

Whilst baring in mind that the information regarding restaurants has not kept pace with the changes, i.e. ignore that sentence and report it as if it were another type of listing.

To make it slightly more complicated, there is a different page from which to report the same error... if you are the owner/management. and that page can be found; http://www.tripadvisor.com/help

that is the help centre page. A small blue hyper-link to it can be found at the bottom of every TA page.

Hpurple:

Tony's advice is clear enough there, focus on more current reviews, don't expect Michelin star treatment when sitting fin a pub but conversely, up-market establishments don't necessarily provide decent grub:

So I interpret your comment, which is entirely irrelevant to the question being asked, as an intended personal attack.

Edited: 9:04 am, January 07, 2012
Dublin
Level Contributor
914 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants closed in top 20 list in ennis

@ clipperdeeklop

und?

Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants closed in top 20 list in ennis

I agree with this post, a lot of questions have to be asked about some of the reviews of some places on the TA, some are genuine, but I really think some are false, and slip through, esp the 1 review person , and the review that says all sort of possitive or negative things. I would say to visitors ask around, the locals know best. I have tried to update info and send it to TA, but no answer and some places are not even on the TA, maybe there are the really good ones.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,513 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants closed in top 20 list in ennis

I agree with the post also. Not so much from the restaurant point of view as I haven't really had a close look at that yet, though TA are certainly strongly encouraging posters to review restaurants much more now.

My point here arises out of a hotel in cork which closed about 4 years ago but still appears on the hotel list for Cork, and it has a # number assigned to it.

I wrote a review ages ago saying the hotel was closed and it wasn't removed and I do recollect that I tried to make contact with TA some way via this site, but the hotel still remains - 4 years later !! Silly.

I imagine the same has occurred on the restaurants section.

TA should rely on their regular contributors more to give them up to date info on the status of businesses.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,513 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants closed in top 20 list in ennis

Apologies, my previous post was not accurate. I just checked the Cork list of hotels and the Ibis (the one that closed years ago) is no longer listed.

In fact the list now looks well up to date.

9. Re: restaurants closed in top 20 list in ennis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, February 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ennis