We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Holiday

Which Ennis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, MI
3 posts
Save Topic
Easter Holiday

Will be visiting at Easter this year; coming in on Easter Saturday and staying in Ennis for a couple of days. What should I expect to be able to do? I understand it is the first holiday of the year and most everything will be closed? through Monday. My first thought is where to exchange money in Ireland at this time. I hope there will be something opened at the Shannon airport. I expect to see the sights on Easter, traveling to the west a bit hoping that a pub or two will be opened to take a rest. The rest of my time will be spent in Middleton with my son who is going to play soccer with a few Irish teams. Any suggestions?

Soccermom

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Holiday

soccermom, most shops will be open over Easter (at least in Dublin and I cannot imagine Ennis to be different). If they're closed on Easter Sunday they will be open on Easter Monday. ALL pubs will be closed on Good Friday but since you're not arriving until Saturday that's no problem! The pubs reopen on Easter Saturday and it will be business as usual. The banks will definitely be closed over Easter (they might also be closed on the Tuesday after Easter, don't know) so you should make sure to have cash with you. Credit cards are widely accepted in shops and maybe you have a card with which you can withdraw money at an ATM?

Enjoy your holiday!

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Holiday

ATMs are the way to go. Cheers.

Canton, MI
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Holiday

Thank you very much for your comments. Are ATM's in special places in Ireland? Is it easy to find them. I would imagine that at the airport there would be one but where else could I find one...soccermom56

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter Holiday

Plenty of them around. Cheers.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter Holiday

Just look for a bank, in most cases there will be an ATM just outside. Take the usual precautions (not letting anyone else see your PIN number, trying to keep the pinpad covered [I usually keep my wallet over the pad] and so on, just normal procedure).

Have a good time!

Clare
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter Holiday

Atms in Ennis

Sheils Garage on The Gort Road

Outside The Bank of Ireland, Bank Place

Outside AIB, Bank Place

Ulster Bank near The O' Connell Monument

Inside the Dunnes Stores Centre

The Entrance to Tescos

There's a petrol station on the Limerick Road that has an ATM but I can't think of its name.

It's on the left between two roundabouts as you head towards Clarecastle.

Hope this makes sense.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter Holiday

Nice logo Drummagh. Cheers.

Clare
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Easter Holiday

Boru

Thank you.

Canton, MI
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Easter Holiday

Thanks to all of you for your help. It has made 2 moms private 2 day trip more stress free. On Monday after Easter, we meet our whole team at the airport with our Irish coach whom we can depend on from there. Again, thanks for your input.

Soccermom56 :-)

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,676 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easter Holiday

If you are looking to shop at department type stores it may be worth a trip into Limerick by train. Check the times and get a cab from your hotel, Ennis station is hardly in the city centre. Most of the good hotels will change travelers cheques or $ to euro for their guests. The Bank of Ireland has a counter at Shannon Airport although this will probably be closed Easter Sat. As with most of Ireland, Co Clare Pubs serve good food at reasonable rates.

Get answers to your questions about Ennis