We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train in Ennis?

Oviedo, Florida
12 posts
Save Topic
Train in Ennis?

I'm planning a trip to Ireland and am planning to stay in a town near Ennis. My parents and I want to do a daytrip to Dublin. I'm pretty sure there's a train station in Ennis, but I wanted to know if anyone had any good information on the train station there, like if you can park a car anywhere nearby and how much it costs. Thank you very much for your help!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train in Ennis?

Yes there is a train station in Ennis. There is a pretty good train service to Dublin. Check out www.irishrail.ie for timetable. Just be careful not to pick a train with a long stopover in Limerick.

If you are just going to Dublin for the day, the best train to get is the one at 6.45a.m. I know it's a bit early, but it arrives in Dublin at 9.50a.m. and gives you the full day there.

It is necessary to change in Limerick for all the Dublin trains and sometimes change in Limerick Junction as well, but this is no major hassle. You just get off one train, cross the platform and get on the other train.

The best train to get back in the evening is at 5.05p.m. as it goes all the way to Ennis and arrives at 8.10p.m.

You can park the car at Ennis station for a cost of 2 euro per day.

2. Re: Train in Ennis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ennis