We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Towns for visit for our 10th anniversary

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
88 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Towns for visit for our 10th anniversary

My husband and I are planning our 1st trip to Ireland---we are in our late 50's and want some beautiful, dramatic scenery and charming towns. We'll be renting a car---any advice is appreciated!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,638 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Towns for visit for our 10th anniversary

Kinvarra is divine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinvara

Technically its in Co. Galway but Co. Clare and the wonderful Burren are very close by.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,549 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Towns for visit for our 10th anniversary

Just in Clare or further afield?

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
740 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Towns for visit for our 10th anniversary

For myself, I couldn't imagine anything more conducive to a special anniversary than Counties Kerry And Clare

A) Either The Ring of Kerry or possibly Ring of Beara (by personal choice following a study) and then Killarney National Park),

B) Dingle Peninsula,

C) coastal and inland areas starting around Doolin/Cliffs of Moher/Burren, then a bit north for coast and lovely inland villages all within 45 minutes of a good base such as coastal Fanore's Orchid House.

Got lots more time? I'd then see you up north starting at Galway with a bit of Mayo and Sligo all the way to Donegal, but we're eating up an even busier week two or more on all that. If I had a long week (using Shannon Airport), I'd stay with the first paragraph for two nights absolutely covering area A, then two or better three nights for B and C in the agenda above.

Edited: 6:36 pm, September 08, 2013
Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Towns for visit for our 10th anniversary

If you are visiting county Clare and are looking for somewhere romantic to stay, be sure to check out Moy House, which is just outside Lahinch.

http://www.moyhouse.com/

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,744 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Towns for visit for our 10th anniversary

Be sure to enjoy Galway.

6. Re: Towns for visit for our 10th anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 10, 2014