We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exploring Vacations

Jacksonville...
1 post
Exploring Vacations

Good morning all!

I was hoping to gain a little more insight on the booking company Exploring Vacations. I have a wonderful agent (Christina) helping me work out every little detail for my Ireland trip. The only thought in the back of my head is how legit the company is since their prices are literally half what other companies are charging for the same trip. Has anyone ever booked with Exploring Vacations?

any insight would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!

30 replies to this topic
Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
9,303 posts
1. Re: Exploring Vacations

Welcome to the Ireland forum, wanderlust2690:

As with all such companies, tons of reviews (many on just that one topic) involving the good, the bad and everything in between:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18659…

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18659…

https:/…67036492

Which specific tour are you looking at?

When are you looking at traveling?

This is an old post about a totally different tour company but it very succinctly sums up the pros and cons of the experience:

http://tinyurl.com/zx4poft

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
3,335 reviews
2. Re: Exploring Vacations

IF you will do the research, there is no need to pay a company to do the obvious, and avoid vouchers.

Slainte

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
3. Re: Exploring Vacations

We are using Exploring Vacations for a self drive tour of Ireland next year and I'm wondering if you got any feedback.

Kansasville...
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
4. Re: Exploring Vacations

Used them for 10 day Ireland trip with 8 people and could not have been happier! We just got back. They were awesome, very competent and patient with us as with 8 people trying to plan a vacation together it can get difficult. Highly recommend and will use them again!!!!

Edited: 4:49 pm, August 22, 2017
North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
5. Re: Exploring Vacations

I highly recommend Exploring Vacations. A friend and I travelled to Ireland Aug 27-Sept 7 2017 on the itinerary they created for us for a self drive tour of south Ireland. The properties we stayed in were outstanding and the car completely met our needs. I know we took a chance because the company was a result of a web search and we were Canadians booking with an Irish company, but we were completely satisfied and will look at booking with them again.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,517 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: Exploring Vacations

Amazing how a thread that is almost one year old got resurrected. This doesn't serve any purpose except to save the company advertising costs. A search on the forum will show a lot of conflicting views on Exploring Vacations.

1 post
7. Re: Exploring Vacations

Does any one know, I have only paid the deposit, can I cancel and get a refund?

1 post
8. Re: Exploring Vacations

My family just booked with them for a trip in July! I can't wait. I pray we get just as good of service as others have. We have received nothing but the best so far!

Euless, Texas
Level Contributor
31 posts
153 reviews
9. Re: Exploring Vacations

I have a trip with these guys in June. So far they have been outstanding to deal with. We booked a 6 night private tour. We will update once we get back from our trip

Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
10. Re: Exploring Vacations

We traveled with them in 2014 and had a flawless experience for anyone who might be wondering. It was our first time using a travel agency, and we were extremely nervous. I even contacted each of the hotels they booked for us to confirm that our bookings were legitimate! Everything went exactly as planned and each of the hotels were wonderful. I’m picky about airlines so they let us book our own flights and still use their services. So, for anyone worried about them, we can tell you that our experience was great!!

Reply to: Exploring Vacations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted