We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland Itinerary

san francisco
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Ireland Itinerary

I'm planning a first-time trip to Ireland for myself, my wife and our 6-month old baby. For those who have traveled Ireland before, please let me know if this is a reasonable itinerary:

* June 21, arrive Dublin,

* stay in Dublin through June 25, with a day trip to Belfast on 6/25;

* June 26 travel to/stay in Cashel;

* June 27 travel to/stay in Dingle;

* June 28 travel to/stay in Galway;

* June 29, return to Dublin.

* July 1, return home to S.F.

I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

ireland
Level Contributor
150 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ireland Itinerary

It's fair enough, but I think you may have too mcuh time in Dublin, relative to the amount of chasing around the country you'll have to do for the other days. The roads in the West are slow - it's quite a drive from Dingle to Galway with a baby, and you'll basically be on the road for most of those days.

I'd suggest you leave Dublin a day early, spend an extra night in Galway, possibly an extra one in Dingle, or else a night in Clare on the way to Galway. Take the Tarbert-Killimer car ferry and overnight in Liscannor, for example, taking in the cliffs of moher at sunset, and then it's an easy run to Galway the next day, with time for a lunch stop in Ballyvaughan to get some decent chowder.

It's not that there isn't lots to do in Dublin, it's just that the travel in the West will wither you if you don't take more time.

Galway to Dublin is a straightforward run, won't take too long.

2. Re: Ireland Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 pm, March 14, 2005
san francisco
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ireland Itinerary

Thank you for your comments. It seems I either need more time in the West, or should eliminate a stop, which would likely be Galway. Since I'm in Dublin through 6/25 to catch the U2 concert, it looks as though we should eliminate Galway and find a quicker, more direct way to return to Dublin.

Thanks again.