We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enjoy the Fine Weather!

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,407 posts
Save Topic
Enjoy the Fine Weather!

A warm and sunny May Bank Holiday weekend, what could be better? A warm and sunny June?

Today is the warmest day of the year, so far:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/today-was-warmest-this-year-met-éireann-1.1416738

Long may it continue, indeed:

independent.ie/weather/long-may-it-last-get-…

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

P.S. Good luck to all those starting the Junior Cert and Leaving Cert examinations and their parents, of course.

May the sun shine gently on everyone's efforts.

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enjoy the Fine Weather!

Yes!!!! Long may it last and last! It's so nice right now.... Have almost forgotten the horrible winter and spring!

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enjoy the Fine Weather!

I am totally confused here, its 8.30pm and the sun is shining still, the doors are open and its gorgeous! This usually creeps up on us and you don't notice so much, but we seem to have gone from winter to summer in one!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enjoy the Fine Weather!

I am heading off up the coast tomorrow for an overnight stay. I am looking forward to some lovely long walks in the sunshine. Happy Days:-)

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,462 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enjoy the Fine Weather!

We were sitting out in the garden two evenings in a row. Is this a record?

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Enjoy the Fine Weather!

Seems you are getting blessed with good weather over there at the moment :)

It's nice over here also.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Enjoy the Fine Weather!

Its 11'c outside here, and the wind is cold, cant wait to move to Dingle!! where apparently it is 23'c and sunny today

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Enjoy the Fine Weather!

People that are visiting Ireland this week are probably thinking that we are not entirely truthful about the weather because it just doesn't get much better than this! Enjoy it while we have it...garden rather than clean the house! Hopefully this is just a taste of what the summer has instore for us (I can hope it's more of the same!!!!!)

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,462 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Enjoy the Fine Weather!

Sitting out for the third evening in a row enjoying the newly laid patio. This IS a record!

It's almost 11 pm and it's still not quite dark. Fabulous!

I'm so glad for the visitors who are over at the moment and can enjoy Ireland at its best.

9. Re: Enjoy the Fine Weather!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 07, 2014