We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paddys day

Lagos Nigeria
Level Contributor
33 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
paddys day

was in ireland in summer. i had so much fun i cant resist coming back but this time with my husband. and wat better time than d festive period of st patricks? wat can we expect?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,812 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paddys day

Saint Patricks Day is on the 17th March.

I would not recommend that time of year to explore Ireland with your husband. You can expect less daylight hours and cold wintery weather.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
29,909 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: paddys day

March in Dublin is magical.

www.stpatricksfestival.ie/

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Level Contributor
914 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paddys day

Not keen on St. Patrick's day in Dublin. Starts off well, but ends very messy....

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,974 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paddys day

There is NO predicting the weather. I have walked down Bray prom in bright warm sunshine on Paddy's day..

There are better places to be for St Pats than Dublin or perhaps I am just Old? Galway or Limerick would take my preference for large parades and there are lots of places with small town and village parades although the curse of insurance and management has forced a marked decline. I am with Hpurple (not often that happens)for Dublin see the parade and get out before Irish celebration shows its drunken side.

http://www.stpatricksfestival.ie/

http://www.stpatricksfestival.ie/

galwaytourism.ie/pgalway-events-calendar.html

Mentioned in this post
Bray
Bray
County Wicklow, Ireland
Paddy's Palace
Paddy's Palace
346 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Limerick
Limerick
County Limerick, Ireland
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,895 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paddys day

Personally, I prefer to be in West Kerry for St Patrick's Day as it is more sedate, but if you want a big brash mardi gras type party, then Dublin is the place to be, as lordkimmage says.

Mentioned in this post
County Kerry
County Kerry
Province of Munster, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Level Contributor
299 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: paddys day

Ireland is definitely the place to be on St. Patrick's Day! Spring offers enjoyable times to visit and the weather can be surprisingly pleasant in March... As already mentioned, the big party in Dublin is unforgettable, but if you are looking for something original, Cork with its traditional celebrations and Derry/Londonderry, City of Culture 2013 will overwhelm you with great Irish Craic! :)

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Derry
Derry
County Londonderry, UK
7. Re: paddys day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 23, 2013