We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast airport to Derry by bus

Boston
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Belfast airport to Derry by bus

What is the best way to take a bus from Belfast International Airport to Derry? Will be arriving from Alicante Spain on either Easy Jet or Jet to and need to get from Belfast to Derry.

My final destination after Derry is Moville, Co Donegal, but I believe the best option is bus to Derry and taxi from Derry to Moville.

Thank you.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,718 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Belfast airport to Derry by bus

You will get a better response to this query if you post on the Belfast forum.

Boston
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belfast airport to Derry by bus

Thanks LordKimmage, I already thought of that - but there is not a Belfast forum.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belfast airport to Derry by bus

you need the Northern Ireland forum which is part of the UK forum,

be sure you know which country you are visiting !!

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,365 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belfast airport to Derry by bus

Part of the problem is that most travel forums treat Ireland (Northern and RoI) as one entity. Tripadvisor uses the political rather than geographical division and it does cause confusion.

Off the top of my head, the best bet is the airporter which runs a service between Derry/Londonderry and the Belfast airports:

airporter.co.uk/derry-to-belfast-timetable.h…

If times don't suit, then you're probably best getting the translink bus to Belfast Europa bus station and then get the express bus to Derry. If you need links for this, let me know as the translink website isn't the easiest to navigate at times.

Edited: 1:28 pm, August 26, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belfast airport to Derry by bus

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g186470-i491-Be…

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belfast airport to Derry by bus

There are busses every hour from Belfast, Europa Buscentre (Route 273) to Londonderry. They generally leave from 0835 onwards and the journey time is around 3 hours. You can get a bus from the airport to bring you into Belfast

www.translink.co.uk

Edited: 7:10 am, August 28, 2012
Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Belfast airport to Derry by bus

Hi Princess0801

I can personally recommend the airporter service http://www.airporter.co.uk/ which I have used many times. Enjoy your trip to Ireland!

Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Belfast airport to Derry by bus

www.foylecoaches.com/derry-mov-shroo.htm

Northwest busways should be a much cheaper way of traveling to Moville

or

Lough Swilly bus

http://www.loughswillybusco.com/timetables/

you will need to get the Derry to Moville bus (see timetables)

Make sure to check where the buses leave from in Derry!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Belfast airport to Derry by bus

"be sure you know which country you are visiting !!"

I think the problem is that the poster does know what country they are visiting, but Tripadvisor does not.. Because the British continue ruling it does not make Derry any less a part of the country, even if posters in England and Tripadvisor would have us believe otherwise.

The Good Friday Agreement clearly made tourist promotion an All Ireland matter, and it is regrettable that some people here and Tripadvisor oppose the will of the Irish people and the agreement between the two governments in this matter. They have some very unsavoury company in opposing the GFA.

10. Re: Belfast airport to Derry by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 30, 2013