We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All inclusive Tour

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Best All inclusive Tour

I am planning a short 6 day trip to Ireland with my niece, and have been exploring the all inclusive vacations - does anyone have any suggestions about which ones would work better?

I am a bit concerned that we will spend most of our time on the bus instead of exploring....

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,132 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best All inclusive Tour

"I am a bit concerned that we will spend most of our time on the bus instead of exploring...."

That's pretty much the nature of them, isn't it? Up for breakfast, out the door to the bus, tour all day on the bus until you get to the next place.

And that's not a criticism, a lot of people seem to really enjoy those tours. I'm not one of them. And I suspect from your comment above that you might not be either.

So consider a self-drive tour. Or if you aren't comfortable driving you can go between 2-3 places by public transportation and take day trips from there.

6 days could get you Dublin-Killarney-Cork. Or Dublin-Galway-Dubln.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best All inclusive Tour

Check out vagabond tours. Fabulous!

Kerry
Level Contributor
621 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best All inclusive Tour

Discussion here

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k450157…

review here

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k478964…

www.vagabondtoursofireland.ie/driftwood/

not used them myself but would suggest that they are more suitable than paddy wagon / backpacker type tours

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
492 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best All inclusive Tour

My daughter (21) and I did the Shades of Ireland Tour through collette vacations..we had a really great time! The hotels were all really nice and close to the city centers,meals were also good . The tour guide was very knowledgable and the bus was new. We stoped in towns along the way. We aslo had around 2 hour stops on the days we did lunch on our own.Overall we felt we did a lot we may not of been able to do on our own. The stay in the Cabra Castle the last nite was really great. I did some reviews..kinda old we went 2 years ago.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
87 posts
530 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best All inclusive Tour

My 17 yr old daughter and I just got home from a tour with Vagabond. They are not all inclusive however. You will pay for meals(except breakfast) and most activities and entrance fees. They were fabulous! We were on the 8 day Wild Irish Rover and loved it. It was fast paced but you did not spend as much time in the rover as with other tours. We would leave abt 9 in the morning and return around 5-6 at night stopping at many destinations along the way and many hiking/ walking trips to destinations which cut up the days better and gave you a better understanding of the beauty of ireland. The rovers are set up for small groups or abt 11-13, so it is more intimate and feels as if you are on a family vacation rather than a big tour. The guides are friendly and personable and feel more like friends rather than employees. My 17 yr old enjoyed it just as much as I did if not more. Check them out, Rob will personally answer any and all questions you may have. I recommend them whole heartedly and will be traveling them again in the future. Also , their accomodations were fantastic and they will vary the itineray within means to meet your needs. I wanted to see a certain castle ruin and they asked the group and we went! Simple as that! Loved them!

6. Re: Best All inclusive Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, June 19, 2013