We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Student Discounts

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
214 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Student Discounts

Does anyone know if a US college id would qualify you for a student discount in Ireland?

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Student Discounts

I wouldn't count on it. Ask in your college about getting an international student ID.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
214 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Student Discounts

Bummer. I hate spending $ to save $ but there is a bit of savings to be had with the student discounts.

Boston...
Level Contributor
76 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Student Discounts

In my experience, there were a number of times I was asked if I was a student, and I replied yes however I do not have an international student ID card, and then was given the discount any way. I think it will depend on where you are, and each time I did not first say I was a student, it was a question asked of me.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,986 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Student Discounts

Some discounts available

www.shannonregiontourism.ie/25DiscountCard/

www.cultureheritageireland.com/index.php

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
214 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Student Discounts

Thanks!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
214 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Student Discounts

Now that our trip is over, I thought it might be helpful to post updates to some of my questions from the pretrip planning.

We decided not to buy the international student discount cards (I think the cost was $22/card) and just asked for the student discount where applicable. It was always granted and no student ID was ever requested. A few places even offered us the family discount even though the kids were well above the stated age of 12 yrs for the family discount. We also used the discounts Tony posted above.

7. Re: Student Discounts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:40 am, June 19, 2013