We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours to Ireland

Columbia, Md
Level Contributor
157 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Tours to Ireland

Planning a trip to Ireland and since it's my first I'm considering going with a tour company. I love Tauck, but didn't really want to spend $5,700.00(single supplement) in addition to air for 12 days and wanted to know if anyones done any of Maupintours Ireland tours or can recommend another tour company? If I have to I'll go with Tauck and I'm sure not regret it, I just hear so many stories of people having a wonderful trip to Ireland and it not costing anywhere near that.

Suggestions and recommendations are appreciated :) I'm in my late thirties so tours catering to retirees would not be of interest, not for a few more years anyway :)

One of the things I liked about Tauck was a nice mix of people and ages, but I realize thats often dependent on the particular itinerary. Thanks in advance!

31. Re: Tours to Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:41 pm, November 15, 2005
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,377 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Tours to Ireland

Shane - What you don't say is that you own the company and that many of your posts have been removed for advertising.

I'm going to nominate you to the Hall of Fame.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Tours to Ireland

For shame, Shane.

Columbia, Md
Level Contributor
157 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Tours to Ireland

Westwind - yes, I've heard fabulous things about Killarny Park and they stay there on the tour I'm interested in too for 3 nights I think. I agree, I always opt for historical over modern. Did you notice a range of ages on your two Longs tours?

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Tours to Ireland

Hi, Jon-Eric.

I wish you could have stayed at the Killarney Park before they updated the furnishings. Before it was very country estate, now it is 'boutique' hotel furnishings. But lots of people must like that as they are renovataing their other property in town, the Ross Hotel in the same vein. Still, it is very nice and right in the town centre. Killarney is a fun place to go out at night and KPH is close to everything.

When I stayed there, I didn't realize that I had to actually lock my door with the key...it doesn't lock behind you. So both times my room was unlocked the whole time I was there. No problems though. I wouldn't have ever known, if we didn't leave our keys in the room and think we were locked out. I think the front desk thought we were crazy when we came looking for an extra key....Also the bar there (as with many Irish hotels) will serve residents all night...into the morning. Also found this out by accident when our trip mates were coming downstairs for an early breakfast....

The trips I went on had a range from teenagers to retired. I was with a group of six one time and four the other of 30's to 40's age. There were several famlies traveling with adult children in their 20's as well. They may have some trips that appeal to one age group more than another, perhaps Longs could advise you on that. I have found that there seem to be more retired people traveling in the Fall when people with school aged childern are less likely to be able to travel.