We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin to Killarney

Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin to Killarney

Hi We are travelling to Ireland from Australia in July and I am trying to work out some areas to visit and the time it takes to get there. It was recommended on this forum to visit Killarney for the day, but on visiting the AA route planner it says the trip would take 4hours 35 minutes. I am a bit confused. Also if someone could advise how long it takes to drive the Ring of Kerry, stopping along the way to visit some places of interest. Would it take a full day and is the road very steep, narrow etc.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Killarney
Killarney
County Kerry, Ireland
County Kerry
County Kerry
Province of Munster, Ireland
Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,239 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin to Killarney

Yes, Janderra, the drive to Killarney from Maynooth is a longish one but perfectly doable.

You should take one whole day for the ROK. As I mentioned on one of your other threads the stretch from Killarney up to Ladies' View is narrow and has a lot of bends but just take your time and you'll be perfectly okay. The ROK road is pretty level with just a few "ups and downs". It certainly isn't dangerous.

Mentioned in this post
Killarney
Killarney
County Kerry, Ireland
Maynooth
Maynooth
County Kildare, Ireland
Ladies' View
Ladies' View
2,271 Reviews
Killarney, Ireland
2. Re: Dublin to Killarney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 am, October 19, 2009