We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killarney to Kinsale?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Killarney to Kinsale?

When we depart Killarney we want to head south to Blarney Castle and Kinsale. Should we head straight to Kinsale and then go to Blarney on the way back north or go to Blarney on our way to Kinsale? Any other can't miss places in this area? We want to make our way to Galway, Doolin & the Aran Islands. Any advice on how to make our way back up to this area? Recommendations for B&Bs in Kinsale are appreciated too! Thanks!!

UK
Level Contributor
655 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killarney to Kinsale?

The most direct route from Kinsale to Galway takes you past Blarney anyway so I would go straight to Kinsale from Killarney and take advantage of the extra time down there to explore rather than double back on yourselves. Blarney can easily be done in a couple of hours, the castle itself doesn't take long at all

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,957 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Killarney to Kinsale?

Hi zuzujoe - Agree with 5, she knows the area very well. If you can, on the way from Killarney to Kinsale, take in Gougane Barra (many variants on the spelling) www.gouganebarra.com/

as well as Timoleague, Clonakilty and Courtmacsherry. The last three are beautiful villages (Timoleague & Courtmac are only about 2 miles apart). Gougane is a beautiful church on an island.

Best way to get from Blarney to Galway is to go from Blarney to Limerick (Blarney is effectively on the Limerick side of Cork) and go over the Bridge I warned you about in my other post and out the road to Galway.

When you get to Ennis follow the signs for Ennistymon Lahinch and you will get onto the road to Doolin. If you want to go to Galway, just stick to the main road.

Hope this has helped.