We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to visit Ireland

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
639 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
first time to visit Ireland

We were planning to visit Ireland in either March or April 2008- Since we dont want to self drive -plan ondoing either a tour with Collette or Globus (Who we've used many times before)

How is weather this time of year?

any opinion on Collette tours?

will continue to read post to get ideas

thanks

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to visit Ireland

Sorry, I have no experience of either Globus or Collette tours. One thing I know though is that nobody can know about the weather in March or April 2008. It can be anything. It will probably be everything. It will probably be better than July 2007.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
639 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to visit Ireland

thanks for the reply

Do you think May would be a better time to travel around Ireland??

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to visit Ireland

May can be a beautiful time in Ireland with flowers and trees bursting into blossom but as I said before you just cannot predict the weather. May this year was good but that's no guarantee for next year.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to visit Ireland

The end of May this year was mostly sunny, but very chilly - about mid-50's F most days, with a few getting into the 60's. We had several all-sun days, several all-rain days, but most were "changeable" as they call it. Hubby and I called it "rainbow weather"! (Though with all the sun and rain, we never saw a one until two days after we got home, sniff...) I heard the weather this past April was gorgeous.

The great thing about late May was the sun doesn't set until well after 9pm... giving you time to go out on your own after the bus pulls in for the night. (Please reconsider the bus thing, it's really easy to travel Ireland by car given that the language is the same, etc...)

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,547 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to visit Ireland

OH G0d, it's raining again

6. Re: first time to visit Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:32 am, September 06, 2009