We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair, buyers' remorse?

Level Contributor
24 posts
Ryanair, buyers' remorse?

Well, yes and no. I bought my ticket last night for Dublin to Edinburgh realizing that it might not be easy and that there could be several fees to pay. My only concern though is if I can't print out my boarding pass or check in online, I will be charged 55 pounds for the check in and another 20 for each boarding pass. That could really add up! I learned about that this morning and yes, it would have been wise to just book with Aer Lingus and avoid some of these hassles. But since there is nothing that I can really do about it, I will just be positive and realistic and not let it ruin my excitement for the trip. I am not a EU citizen and the Ryanair online rep informed me that I cannot use my phone for my boarding pass. Oh well! So I am just hoping that wherever I stay in Dublin and in Edinburgh, I will have access to a printer. In 2018, it is a likely possibility. Just as a side note, I checked a Tripadvisor thread about whether to take Air Lingus or Ryan Air and most people recommended the latter because of the short duration of the flight and the savings on Ryan AIr. However, sometimes for peace of mind, a few more euro, dollars or pounds are worth it.

18 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,987 posts
205 reviews
1. Re: Ryanair, buyers' remorse?

Download the app; check in on the app and you’re boarding pass will be available to scan on your phone.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
226 reviews
2. Re: Ryanair, buyers' remorse?

You can't use a mobile boarding pass if you're a non eu passport holder as Ryanair need to stamp your boarding pass before you go through security.

Op I'm optimistic you'll find somewhere to print - lots of options - when are you travelling?

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
9,287 posts
3. Re: Ryanair, buyers' remorse?

There is an Internet Cafe at the Trinity College end of Grafton St, called Central Internet Cafe - above the Bus Stop news agency - where you can have your boarding pass etc printed:

http://www.centralinternetcafe.com

I paid additional for a reserved seat on Ryanair to and from the UK to make sure I could print my boarding pass before I left the US. One less thing to worry about.

Read Terms and Conditions 6.4 about additional checking in requirements for people who do not have EU Passports and allow sufficient time for that exercise:

https:/…terms-and-conditions

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,073 posts
78 reviews
4. Re: Ryanair, buyers' remorse?

there are many internet cafes around where a boarding pass can be printed out. even if you go to a library you will be able to get it done.

County Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for County Cork
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
133 reviews
5. Re: Ryanair, buyers' remorse?

You are making a mountain out of a molehill. just check in online and ask your hotel to print out your ticket or ask them where you can do so. checking in at the Ryanair desk on arrival doesn't take too long if you arrive early.

No more different than checking in at the airport with aer lingus. This is not a big deal.

Level Contributor
24 posts
6. Re: Ryanair, buyers' remorse?

At the end of October.

Level Contributor
24 posts
7. Re: Ryanair, buyers' remorse?

Cool! I do realize that I need take that hike up the mole hill! Ha ha!

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Ryanair, buyers' remorse?

Ryanair make their money on "ancillaries", which they are constantly changing and for which unpaid volunteers, on forums like Tripadvisor, provide unpaid ersatz customer service on behalf of Ryanair, at zero expense to Ryanair itself. It's quite a business model.

Level Contributor
554 posts
9. Re: Ryanair, buyers' remorse?

You can usually check in and print the boarding pass like a month in advance with Ryanair.

Level Contributor
1,818 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: Ryanair, buyers' remorse?

Really, that would be amazing if I could check that early.Wow! Thank you everyone!

Reply to: Ryanair, buyers' remorse?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted