We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skye in June

manchester
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Skye in June

Hi

My boyfriend and I are taking the Kyle Line from Inverness. We were planning two days in around Kyle of Lochalsh (visit to Eilean Donan and Plockton) then 2 nights staying in Portree. We really want to see some seals so were thinking Dunvegan Castle? Any the fairy pools. Are these accessible using public transport?

Any ideas welcome

Thanks

Lewes, England.
Level Contributor
205 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skye in June

~ Well I have seen Seals and dolphins, porpoises etc in the Moray Firth off Inverness......

Trouble is with saying 'Oh yes we always see seals, Divers etc at XYZ' you can bet the time you visit you won't!!!!!

Your trip sounds great....

Isle of Skye...
Level Contributor
554 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skye in June

Hi there,

Calum's seal trips (1 hour) in Plockton are great and are free if you see no seals - can't beat that!! Plockton is not fed by public transport except for the school bus, but you can take the train to Plockton and it's also possible to walk - it's only about 4 miles and the road is relatively quite. The views from the loch are gorgeous, including great views across to the Cuillins on Skye.

http://www.calums-sealtrips.com

Dunvegan's Seal trips are a much shorter trip into the colony on Loch Dunvegan - about 20 mins I think.

www.dunvegancastle.com/content/default.asp…

Eilean Donan Castle is easily reached using the Citylink bus service.

www.citylink.co.uk

The walk to the Fairy Pools sets off from the road down to Glenbrittle, which isn't served by public transport, although if you take the bus to Carbost (only when their summer timetable is in operation, unless you take the school bus), it's easy enough to get off the bus on the main route and walk down the road to Glenbrittle.

www.stagecoachbus.com

Walkhighlands describe this walk to the Fairy Pools here:

www.walkhighlands.co.uk/skye/fairypools.shtml

Their website is great for walks all across the Skye & Lochalsh area and indeed across the whole Highlands area - they also offer a great accommodation section.

Hope this has helped and have a great holiday - happy seal hunting!!

Edited: 7:02 am, February 12, 2013
3. Re: Skye in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 14, 2014