We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalmally to Tobermory

hamilton
Level Contributor
288 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Dalmally to Tobermory

Hi All,

I will be spending the weekend of 13th March to 16th near Dalmally and would like to spend the day on Mull. Is it possible to travel from Dalmally to Tobermory by public transport and still leave enough time to make it worth while?

Cheers

Davie

Mentioned in this post
Isle of Mull
Isle of Mull
The Hebrides, UK
Tobermory
Tobermory
Isle of Mull, UK
uk
Level Contributor
384 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dalmally to Tobermory

www.travelinescotland.com/journeyplanner

Hi - above journey planner will be useful. You can do it getting to Tobermory at 13.38 and leaving at 15.47 by combination of train, ferry and coach. So quite a long journey for a short time there - only you cna judge whether you think its worth it.

Its only 45 mins on trin to Oban though which is worth a visit in its own right - and a very scenic train journey too.

Mentioned in this post
Tobermory
Tobermory
Isle of Mull, UK
Oban
Oban
Argyll and Bute, UK
hamilton
Level Contributor
288 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dalmally to Tobermory

Hi Janny,

Thanks for the reply, I used the site in my plans and came to the same conclusion. It doesn't make it worth while. I will go to Oban for the day instead.

Cheers

Davie

Mentioned in this post
Oban
Oban
Argyll and Bute, UK
3. Re: Dalmally to Tobermory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 am, October 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Mull