We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days on mull

Ontario
11 posts
Save Topic
3 days on mull

I'm trying to figure out if it's manageable to spend 2 nights on Mull. We would like to visit Iona, duart castle, calgary bay, and the stone circle.. i think its caled glengorm. We would be staying in Tobermory, and wont have a car...so if anyone has any ideas about how we could do this, or any tips on public transport to these places would be great!

Ontario
11 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 3 days on mull

okay, thanks a lot! it's still a long time yet to plan things. I've just been brainstorming possible places in scotland to see while i'm there in april/may. and mull has been one place i've always wanted to visit.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,461 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 3 days on mull

I wonder if it might not make more sense for you to stop at Fionnphort and visit Iona from there. I think that Mull is fabulous but I guess that if there is one truly unforgettable experience on offer, then the trip to Iona would be high up most people's lists.

Here's a suggestion - as you can't hire a car, how about booking a day with one of the local Mull wildlife guides. Some of them are excellent and they will often tailor the day to suit your requirements. Weather and inclination permitting you would have a good chance of seeing eagles, owls, seals, otters, deer and snakes as well as some gorgeous scenery.

We had a brilliant day with Brian of Wild About Mull

http://www.wildaboutmull.co.uk/

in 2008. He picks up in Fionnphort and knows the island well. If you decide that Tobermory is still the better option for you, then Google something like Mull Wildlife Tours and you'll find several options based in the area.

13. Re: 3 days on mull

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Mull