We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Links North Beach Hotel fined over hygiene

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
15,009 posts
317 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Links North Beach Hotel fined over hygiene

No surprise after seeing the state of the toilets when I last visited. When the public face of a business is so bad, alarm bells ring as to what hygiene is like behind those closed doors. Glad I vowed never to return. Hope you haven't eaten there or had a takeaway recently!

south-ayrshire.gov.uk/news/takeaway-fined-fo…

"Council Enforcement Officers found evidence of cross contamination risk between raw and ready-to-eat food and evidence of a lack of routine cleaning and structural maintenance. In all over 80 contraventions of food hygiene law were noted. Evidence of a mouse infestation was found in food store rooms which resulted in the operators voluntarily closing the business to allow pest control treatment to be undertaken"

I'm sure now that they have complied all will be well ;)

Indian Times
$$ - $$$, Indian, Balti
taj
$$ - $$$, Indian, Asian, Balti
Ayr India
$$ - $$$, Indian, Asian, Balti
Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Links North Beach Hotel fined over hygiene

They were on the radio last night trying to play it down. When there as so many other good Indian restaurants in the area, why would anyone want to come here anymore?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
15,009 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Links North Beach Hotel fined over hygiene

Agreed! Don't know what I'd do without Ayr India, Rupee Room and Balbirs, and maybe Lawthorn Farm Irvine too now that I've been reminded of it.

Mentioned in this post
Ayr India
Ayr India
663 Reviews
Ayr, UK
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Links North Beach Hotel fined over hygiene

The owners operate several other chippies etc., my review of Indian Links a year ago reflected concerns over cleanliness and I don't imagine low standards in one establishment mean the others are any different. Worth considering...

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Links North Beach Hotel fined over hygiene

The owners operate several other chippies etc., my review of Indian Links a year ago reflected concerns over cleanliness and I don't imagine low standards in one establishment mean the others are any different. Worth considering...

5. Re: Indian Links North Beach Hotel fined over hygiene

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, May 15, 2018