We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prestwick airport to Edinburgh

Which Prestwick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Prestwick airport to Edinburgh

I am travelling from prestwick airport to Edinburgh, I am on quite a tight budget, does anyone know the cheapest way of getting there?

I have read that I can get the X77 and then connect to a Megabus.

but I also have read thay you can buy half price train tickets if you are flying with Ryanair too and from Prestwick - Does anyone know if these would be valid all the way through to Edinburgh and back. thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,311 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prestwick airport to Edinburgh

Take the train to Glasgow Central. The train station is in the airport. You can catch the free shuttle bus around to Glasgow Queen Street and the train to Edinburgh from there or just walk around. It will only take you 10 minutes.

There is half price train travel to anywhere in Scotland from Prestwick regardless of the airline. If you are going back to PIK then ask for an open return which should be around £12 with the discount.

There is also an infrequent service from Glasgow Central to Edinbugh, you will have to check the timetables to see if it coincides with your timings.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prestwick airport to Edinburgh

I'd go with Ronaldo's advice and get an open return to Edinburgh. It's easy to walk from Glasgow Central to Glasgow Queen Street and there are street signs pointing you in the right direction if you don't have a map/clue. If it's raining or you have awkward luggage, then take the free shuttle from outside the station. Show your flight booking/ticket info on the train for half price ticket. Train is accessed via the escalator in the check-in hall at Prestwick airport, which leads you to the covered bridge and over to the station platform.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prestwick airport to Edinburgh

Thank you for your advice.

4. Re: Prestwick airport to Edinburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 02, 2010