We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch & entertainment

Which Ayr hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch & entertainment

Could anybody suggest anywhere decent for lunch on Saturday and and anywhere with entertainment for Saturday night

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch & entertainment

What kind of entertainment are you looking for? What age group? Hopefully I can come up with some suggestions.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch & entertainment

Age group 45-50. Singers or groups. Last year enjoyed female singer in Tam O' shanters . I think she was a local girl

linlithgow scotland
Level Contributor
975 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch & entertainment

We had a nice lunch last week in West Of The Moon.....

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch & entertainment

For accomplished food at reasonable prices I'd recommend Saffy's Bistro opposite The Mercure Hotel, especially if you can bag a table in the raised area, which is much more comfortable and out of the thoroughfare. I've been going there for years and always been blown away by the food. They have some brilliant vegetarian options too!

http://www.saffys-ayr.com/

There's a Portuguese Restaurant recently taken over premises in the Queen's Court Arcade just off the Sandgate. Looks like they have some lunchtime deals and I've heard some positive comments. Unfortunately they don't list any vegetarian items on their menu so I won't be trying it, but it sounds very promising if your a carnivore :)

Adega Portuguesa: http://adegaportuguesa.net/index.html

If you pick up a copy of the Ayrshire Post on arrival its full of info on gigs and performances this coming weekend. Have a great visit!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch & entertainment

Thanks for all the info

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch & entertainment

I agree that the Ayrshire Post is definitely the best source of what's on in Ayr. Depending on the kind of music you like O'Briens bar and the Twa Dugs both up the top of the town, Burns Statue Square - regularly have good live music.

I would recommend The Waterfont for lunch ;-)

7. Re: Lunch & entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 07, 2015