We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doonbrae House, Ayr

Which Ayr hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ete
scotland
Level Contributor
225 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Doonbrae House, Ayr

Anyone stayed at this accommodation?

We're thinking of it for a family celebration next year.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Doonbrae House, Ayr

Hello!

Just an FYI:

No, I've never stayed at the Doonbrae House - but last August I spent three lovely days at the Langley Bank House (also in Ayr) and I can't rave enough about it!!

Best of luck and have a wonderful time next year!!

ete
scotland
Level Contributor
225 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doonbrae House, Ayr

thanks Muzika

Will check it out, however may end up in Florida!

Half the family are here, half in Australia, the grandparents snowbirds, spending winter with you in Florida, summer with us here!!

USA may turn out to be a better option, however it's the gps golden wedding so will let them choose!!

best wishes to you.

Glasgow
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Doonbrae House, Ayr

We stayed overnight this weekend with friends. It's an absolutley fantastic venue. Everything was excellent - service, food, decor, furniture. Highly recommended

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doonbrae House, Ayr

Is Doonbrae House the new place opposite the Brig O Doon in Alloway, Ayr?

I realise I should know the answer, but I have to admit I don't know everything *L*

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doonbrae House, Ayr

Aha, yes it is - just found it.

Its for exclusive hire at £950 for dinner bed and breakfast for 10 people (five bedrooms) and four extra dinner guests possible at £50 per head.

Nice setting for a family get together if you're feeling flush!

Scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Doonbrae House, Ayr

12 of us stayed at the Doonbrae House on Saturday 12 May 2007 for a small wedding. The location is beautiful, the house has just recently been renovated to a very high standard. All of the staff were extremely friendly and highly efficient. The food was exceptional and the Head Chef came to the dining room and gave a very informative account of local produce used to create the various courses, all of which were quite simply sublime. Having stayed at many top hotel around the world, the Doonbrae House will surpass your highest expectations.

JDP, Scotland

Scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Doonbrae House, Ayr

12 of us stayed at the Doonbrae House on Saturday 12 May 2007 for a small wedding. The location is beautiful, the house has just recently been renovated to a very high standard. All of the staff were extremely friendly and highly efficient. The food was exceptional and the Head Chef came to the dining room and gave a very informative account of local produce used to create the various courses, all of which were quite simply sublime. Having stayed at many top hotel around the world, the Doonbrae House will surpass your highest expectations.

JDP, Scotland

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Doonbrae House, Ayr

JDP, good to hear your report. It must rate as one of the lovliest locations for a wedding, being just the opposite side of the river to the equally lovely Brig O'Doon Hotel. Those owners definitely know a good thing when it comes to the perfect location:-)

9. Re: Doonbrae House, Ayr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 01, 2009