We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaview Cottage Dunure

Which Ayr hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Seaview Cottage Dunure

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anybody could give us some information on Seaview Cottage in Dunure.

We found it on the welcome cottages page, but we're not able to call, number is not possible, we found a contact link, that doesn't work either.

We are interested in booking the cottage, but we would like to see a few pictures of the interior, cos there are none on the page.

The only option is booking streight away, that's the only way that works - find that a bit dodgy.

Hope someone can give us a clue.

Thanks in advance!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaview Cottage Dunure

Its listed on other travel websites too. Do you have a link to the welcome cottages page in question. It might help.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaview Cottage Dunure

Hi,

yeah, it's on a few pages, but they seem all to be from the same company.

One of them is this one:

cottages4you.co.uk/cottages/seaview-cottage-…

All the phone numbers for requests start with "0845 268" ...

After that I get a message that the number is not available.

At least calling from here, Germany.

I did find a number for the group the company belongs to, called this morning, they had me hanging in the line for ten minutes, than I gave up cos I was phoning from my mobile.

Had the idea yesterday to ask at the nearby restaurant/hotel and talked to the very friendly innkeeper, he told me to phone again in a couple of days, he will try and find something out for me.

See that's what I love about Scotland so much, the friendlyness of the people, they try and go the extra mile for a total stranger.

Whenever I can, I pay that kind of thing forward :)

However, any kind of help highly appreciated.

Edited: 7:57 am, February 18, 2013
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaview Cottage Dunure

Hi, it seems crazy in this day and age that they don't have a contact email address. The telephone number is for a rental agency based in Lancashire. When phoning from overseas you need to drop the first 0 and replace it with 44, then dial the rest of the number. That should work, but will of course be expensive.

It looks like the easiest way to actually 'speak' to a real person free of charge is via their Facebook page, though you need to have a facebook account.

https://www.facebook.com/cottages4you

Hope that helps.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaview Cottage Dunure

Thanks very much, Purple C.

I did use the 0044 for Britain, dropped the zero, tried it from home, mobile and office, it's not existing, tells me the operator voice.

As I wrote, I did find the company in Lancashire, but they had me hanging in the line for ages so I had to give up.

It's just that I get the impression that they don't want to be contacted, they just want you to book online. Cat in the bag.

Makes me suspicious.

In the past, we always booked with actual owners of properties, this way you get a bit of an idea about maintenance etc., we were only disappointed once, and that shouldn't have surprised us cos on the phone they were already not very friendly.

I found another place called Tigh Na Mara, in Maidens, that also looks very good, and actually has pictures of the interior. But it's the same company running the letting.

Seems like in that area most self catering places use this company. And there's never anything on tripadvisor for any of the places I had a closer look at.

Our friends in Girvan don't know anything either.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaview Cottage Dunure

thats a shame. maidens is a lovely quiet spot with beach walks and access on foot along the beach to culzean castle and country park. lovely seafood restaurant at the harbour and a two minute drive to turnberry golf course where you can walk out to the famous lighthouse. i think the agency is abta bonded so you should be safe. the customer service is pretty poor though if you cant contact them. good luck. they seem to have plenty of fans on facebook.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaview Cottage Dunure

We're thinking it over.

Will post here if we booked there, might be useful for others.

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Seaview Cottage Dunure

Halo, ich glaube Ihr habt mein cottage angeguckt kann das sein?

Es steht am ende einer reihe von cottages unten in Dunure?

Wir sind neu auf dem Markt und deshalb waren keine photos, sind aber jetzt entlich auf dem webpage.

Buchung gehen alle durch Cottages4you und erst dann geben die dann unsere kontakt email.

Hoffe das hilft

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seaview Cottage Dunure

Hi Mo, forgive me for putting up your answer in English, but I think the info might be useful to others.

"Hello, I think you have looked at my cottage, can that be?

It stands at the end of a row of cottages down in Dunure?

We are new to the market and therefore there were no photos, but now its finally on the webpage.

Booking all go through Cottages4You and THEN then give our contact form.

Hope this helps"

Edited: 6:47 pm, March 21, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seaview Cottage Dunure

Hi,

Just wanted to give you a heads up.

We actually booked the cottage for two weeks in May and loved it.

The view is just so stunning, looking at pictures now, it was breathtaking.

The cottage is HUGE, looks much smaller from the outside than it actually is.

Interiorwise, I would change a few things, to boast the views in the front sitting room, and you could make a lot better use of the outside, like the neighbours did, but that's complaints on a high level lol.

There was only one downside for me, the windows were shut painted in front sitting room and the two bedrooms. i do like to let in some fresh air, and also listen to the waves, but the owner assured me it would be taken care of, so we were actually looking at going again in September, but sadly it was booked, so we stayed in Largs, which was also very nice.

Knockentiber...
Level Contributor
646 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Seaview Cottage Dunure

Glad you enjoyed yourself.