We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast stop on way to Ferry

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,379 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast stop on way to Ferry

We are heading from Edinburgh to Cairnryan to the ferry and would like to stop off for half an hour for a stretch of legs and cooked breakfast at around 9.30am. Supermarket cafe OK, burger van not OK. Any suggestions that aren't too far off the A77?

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast stop on way to Ferry

Ayr has a number of supermarkets (e.g. BHS) and cafes in the town centre. You can usually find somewhere to park on S Harbour Street or maybe Fort Street. But where will you be about 9.30?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,795 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast stop on way to Ferry

My tip would be to head for Dobbies which is literally on the A77 at Holmston roundabout (take first exit) on the outskirts of Ayr. They do breakfast 7 days a week until 11am at a reasonable price, and its easy to park right outside, so you won't need to stress about being too far from a car full of luggage.

Last time I was there they had a two for the price of one breakfast deal, but not sure if thats an ongoing thing. Haven't tried it myself.

www.dobbies.com/storelocator/store-S028

Hope that helps:)

ps decent loo facilities too!

Edited: 1:54 pm, April 03, 2012
Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,379 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast stop on way to Ferry

Thanks Purple, Dobbies sounds ideal as I didn't really want to have to go right into the town centre. Let's just hope the weather improves now for our holiday

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast stop on way to Ferry

Def dobbies! Be busy but great opportunity to stretch ur legs aswell as enjoy a cooked brekkie! 6 items, toast and tea or coffee bogof works out around £5! Enjoy ur road trip!!!

5. Re: Breakfast stop on way to Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ayr