We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ivy rooms

scotland
Level Contributor
142 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ivy rooms

Hi All,

We had our annual staff Christmas meal here on Friday 10th December. As there were 11 of us (aged between 16 and 65) we decided to have a quiet meal in the restaurant and not in the function suite.

I have to say that from the moment we entered till the time we left , the service was first class.

Our coats were taken on arrival and drinks were served promply.

We all had different things to eat and every one of us cleaned our plates. The food (served on hot plates!) was delicious.

The waiter (think his name may have been Michael) was excellent and even came through with a couple of free dishes between courses as he said our main meals could be a wee bit delayed as they were trying to get out the meals through the function room first.

He also arranged a wee cake and candle (and a real life Santa with no teeth!) for one of our girls who was celebrating her birthday.

For your info, I had Parsnip soup, peppered beef (nice and spicy) and a creme brulee.

They then even arranged a table for us if we wished to go through to the party night.

All in all, first class.

Well done to the new owners.

We will be back soon.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Ivy rooms

they have a bar menu with sandwiches and burgers and such on it

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,870 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ivy rooms

Great. So when you say you'd like lunch why don't they give you all the options?

Is this menu online?

2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Ivy rooms

wilding in maidens 2 courses only,or three

2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Ivy rooms

the menu at lunch time is now up to you,one two or three course and has been since it opened back up in early april,also has light bites at lunch time.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,870 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ivy rooms

Wildings is indeed a fabulous place to eat. It's up there with my all time favourites though I don't often get the chance to go as its a bit out of my way. We keep it for special occasions. Might give the Kylestrome another go then in that case. I'm definitely a one course person at lunchtime.

16. Re: Ivy rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 19, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ayr
Recent Conversations