We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rramada ayr/refurbishment

Which Ayr hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
rramada ayr/refurbishment

thinking of booking for 2 nights from 30th march for my brother and his wife for their 44th wedding aniversary as a surprise for them. ayr is where they spent their honeymoon.

the last post from end jan wasnt to encouragin about the noise starting at 8.30am.

any up todate info on the hotel would be useful.

thanks

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rramada ayr/refurbishment

If you are talking about the exterior refurbishment, I've got a feeling that its all done and the scaffolding taken down, but I will be in town this week and will check it out for you personally.

glasgow
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rramada ayr/refurbishment

thanks for your reply. wasnt sure if they were refurbishing the inside of the hotel as well. look forward to hearing from you

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rramada ayr/refurbishment

Dotty, the refurbishment is still ongoing, though they have a few floors completed and can put guests above the work rather than below, so the noise shouldn't be too bad. They can't guarantee what time the work will start and whilst they hope its from 9am it could be earlier. If you make a point of asking for somewhere well away from the work, I'm sure they will try and oblige.

Hope this helps

Purple

4. Re: rramada ayr/refurbishment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 28, 2009