We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfing in this area

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Golfing in this area

We are doing a 9 day tour of Scotland and would like to play some golf on courses that are not too diffucult for Americans. We would need to rent clubs. Are there many courses in this area that provide this?

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golfing in this area

Hi. Please give me an idea of where you might based when you come to Ayrshire and I am sure I will come up with some ideas. Meanwhile, this link should help.

http://www.golfsouthayrshire.com/

Tony.

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golfing in this area

Thanks, I'll check it out. We will probably be flying out of Prestwick, so I'm thinking somewhere in that general area. We have really not picked a place yet. This is the last leg of our tour, just thought we would end up in this area. Another thing, it will most likely be on a Saturday or Sunday. Is playing local courses on weekends a problem in late July?

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golfing in this area

No, playing on a Sunday should not be a problem. Many courses in South Ayrshire are pay-as-you-go, not private, so you just turn up, book a time and hit off.

Of course, weekends will see every course at its busiest, so much better to firm up a slot a day or two in advance.

As you will see from the web link, not every course rents clubs, so I'd give a lot of thought to checking out the ones that do before mapping out your "tour".

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golfing in this area

I appreciate all the help, and its good to know that we at least have a chance at playing on a weekend. My boyfriend (CrazyHorse here) is a fairly decent golfer, but I still consider myself a beginner - but I have no problem picking up my ball if I hold up play.

Get answers to your questions about South Ayrshire