We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Holiday Inn Express at Glasgow Airport

D&G
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Holiday Inn Express at Glasgow Airport

We are booked in for the evening before our flight and 8 days parking. Never did this before - always just travelled up in time for the airport check-in. Can anyone tell me whether we take the car keys with us on holiday or do we leave these at reception. I know we will be told when we get there, but am just curious at this stage.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
8,191 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Holiday Inn Express at Glasgow Airport

We stayed there once and we could only park at the hotel while checking in. There are only a few parking spaces. You need to take your car to a nearby off-airport car park. They then run you back in a minibus. We had to leave our keys with the car park people.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Holiday Inn Express at Glasgow Airport

This is completely contrary to my experience. The hotel do a parking and accommodation package. You park your car right outside the hotel, leave them the keys, they move it to an offsite location for the duration of your holiday, and move it back to right outside the hotel on your return. Very impressed when I used it.

D&G
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Holiday Inn Express at Glasgow Airport

Thank you both for your replies. Roughly know what to expect now. Will keep you posted on our return on what happens.

D&G
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Holiday Inn Express at Glasgow Airport

For future reference, when checking in at Holiday Inn Express, you are asked to complete a form giving car details, parking bay number that you have parked in, and hand over keys. They in turn give you a ticket to hand in when you return from your holiday. On return from holiday, hand in ticket, they will give you keys in envelope, marked with what bay number your car is in, and give you a token for the barrier for the car park. Would highly recommend the Express Holiday Inn.

5. Re: Parking at Holiday Inn Express at Glasgow Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:46 am, October 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Paisley