We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Pitlochry. Advice sought.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
780 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend in Pitlochry. Advice sought.

We have booked a weekend break in Pitlochry (20th Feb) and have an idea of what we would like to see, e.g. Blair Castle, The Distillery, Salmon Ladder and Killicrankie Pass. Anything else that we shouldn't miss?

Also looking for some entertainment on the Saturday evening preferably some local folk/Scottish music. Is there any pubs in the area, (or we could travel a bit)offering this?

Thanks

Bethspoon

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in Pitlochry. Advice sought.

Pop into the VisitScotland Tourst Office and they will help you with what's on..local concerts and music events will put their posters there.

The Taybank in Dunkeld about 12 miles South is famous for live music and Saturday is an anything goes night I believe.

The Queens View is another beautiful thing to have a look at - the snow on the hills up here at the moment enhancing the view!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in Pitlochry. Advice sought.

There's also the Festival Theatre and the House of Bruar if you like to shop and have lots of money. We always try to eat in the Moulin Inn just up the hill from the town. It's got lots of character and the food's great.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,536 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend in Pitlochry. Advice sought.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186566-r168…

This is my review of a short weekend in Pitlochry in June last year ,it may be of interest to you.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
780 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend in Pitlochry. Advice sought.

3 expert replies within the hour. Fantastic, thanks very much. Had spotted the Moulin and planned lunch there probably on the Saturday. The Taybank's website has nothing advertised for that weekend, think I'll give them a call.

Its all good.

Thanks again.

Bethspoon

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend in Pitlochry. Advice sought.

Dougie Maclean plays in Dunkeld sometimes as he lives close to there.

I would maybe phone the Taybank and ask if he is playing that weekend or just pop in and see.

6. Re: Weekend in Pitlochry. Advice sought.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 11, 2009