We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November 2009

brisbane Australia
1 post
Save Topic
November 2009

Hello

in November 2009 I intend to bring my enitire extended family back to their roots in Scotland. My father in law is from Edinburgh but hasnt been to Pitlochry -(Australia Us Thai working in his youth but never to Skye or Pitlochry in his own country!).

I took my mother (a 74 year old McGregor by birth to Rob Roys grave in 2007 and she wants one more trip to Scotland before she dies-old bag is in a wheel chair and the the local Pitlochry service hired a chair very cheaply last time we we there. Lovely lady in the hall was so nice my mum wants to go back again and thank her personally-I am not made of money but am willing to go into debt 9again) to do this for the family-however, any suggestions for group discunt bookings for accomodation and transport options would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any useful tips.

Cameron

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Pitlochry
Pitlochry
Perth and Kinross, UK
Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November 2009

Hi Cameron

Welcome to the forum... ;-)

There are loads of good B&B's in Pitlochry and at that time of year I am sure they would be willing to cut you a deal...if you don't ask...etc etc!

This one looks like a good option as it is big enough to accommodate all your party and it is 4 star as well.

http://www.craigmhorlodge.co.uk/

I will have a look through a local accommodation brochure and see if there are any more likely suspects - I can pick one up really easily.

Rob Roy's Grave is not that far away from here as the crow flies - it really is the heart of McGregor country.

You are brave coming in November - do they sell thermal underwear in Australia...LOL Actually it probably won't be that bad....

A great place to visit while you are in Pitlochry is the Edradour distillery - go on a weekday when they are producing as the distillery will be all warm and cosy and a wee dram will keep the cold out.

Mentioned in this post
Pitlochry
Pitlochry
Perth and Kinross, UK
Rob Roy's Grave
Rob Roy's Grave
160 Reviews
Stirling, UK
Edradour Distillery
Edradour Distillery
1,847 Reviews
Pitlochry, UK
2. Re: November 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 05, 2009