We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Pitlochry

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
39 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Pitlochry

My husband and I are traveling to Scotland this summer and were looking for a good centrally located hotel for 2 nights before heading further into the Highlands. any suggestions?

Thanks

Elise

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
39 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotels in Pitlochry

Let me try and figure it out and I will get back to you.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
39 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotels in Pitlochry

To post photos you would go to My trip advisor (upper right navigation) then contributions (2nd bullet in menu) then photo (upper navigation) then add photo.

Hope this helps.

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotels in Pitlochry

Thanks, EliseVA, I already know about that :-); I'd rather send you the photos via private message. I'll try to figure it out :-). If not... it's a small, wall-papered room with a queen size bed, a closet, a desk/vanity, tea/coffee set-up and a clean bathroom with the narrowest shower stall I've ever been in; some people might think it cramped, we thought it was romantic ;-) and funky.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,836 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotels in Pitlochry

http://www.imagesocket.com/

use this website,it will convert it to a url and hopeful be reconverted when the recipient cuts and pastes it themselves

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hotels in Pitlochry

If you are thinking about Blair Atholl then do also have a look at the Atholl Arms Hotel. Really nice victorian building located about 300 metres along the road from the Tilt.

If you want to see what Blair Atholl looks like check out Youtube, 'Visit to Blair Atholl' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6wV3o-WeT8

The the Atholl Arms Hotel appears in shot just before the ducks!

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Hotels in Pitlochry

Unc, thank you very much for that website. Alas, I'm a super-Luddite....tried several times to upload my pics and failed miserably, sob. Thanks anyway...and sorry about that, EliseVA :-( . Have a great trip, regardless of which hotel you choose!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hotels in Pitlochry

deedinburgh

I second your suggestion about the Atholl Arms in Blair Atholl! My sister and I stayed there in 2006 (late January/early February). Our room was lovely (not flash like a 4 or 5 star hotel, but much more to my liking - comfortable beds, a full bathroom with bath, handbasin, loo), a sash window that opened up fully. The rooms aren't airconditioned, but the building is so old and the walls so thick, I can't believe airconditioning would be necessary, not even in summer. The staff were wonderful, the food absolutely divine, plus we only paid 80GBP a night for the room (3 course a la carte dinner included each night too!). We had drinks before during and after dinner each night and at the end of our stay (4 nights) the drinks bill was only 40GBP!! 10 quid a night for drinks for 2 people! How good is that??

In the reviews, some people have given less than favourable reviews of the Arms, but I can only go by our experience and I'd return there in a heartbeat!

We will be in Blair Atholl in April but, as there are 4 of us travelling this time, we decided to rent a house for the week. But, we will definitely be going to the Arms for dinner, on more than one occasion, I'm sure. My mouth waters at the very thought!

Glenrothes
7 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Hotels in Pitlochry

Hi

i was wondering what the best hotel to go to for a romantic weekend for me and my boyfriend.

Thanks

scotland
10 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Hotels in Pitlochry

hi there i would say the pine tree hotle its a lovely place looks every piecefull

20. Re: Hotels in Pitlochry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, September 20, 2009