We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hogmanay & Taxi

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Hogmanay & Taxi

Hello,

We are visiting Perth over the Hogmanay period and going to the Concert Hall on the 31st. After it has finished and the fireworks are done etc. Will it be hard to get a taxi? Never been to Perth before. We are staying it the Travelodge, is that within walking distance to the centre and the concert hall?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Perth Concert Hall
Perth Concert Hall
272 Reviews
Perth, UK
The Black Watch Castle & Museum
Military Museums, Specialty Museums, Castles
Kinnoull Hill
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Biking Trails
Scone Palace
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites
perthshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hogmanay & Taxi

The travel lodge is a very long walk from the concert hall as it's right on the very edge of Perth, although I've just looked on google maps and it's 2.5 miles which is fine during the day but on a cold night I wouldn't fancy it much. If you know exactly when you will want picked up I would call some taxi companies and see if you can pre-book a taxi - otherwise it will probably be a very long wait in a taxi queue - and it's bad enough on a Saturday night!

2. Re: Hogmanay & Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 am, June 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Perth