We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any new, stylish hotels in Perth?

Los Angeles
12 posts
Save Topic
Any new, stylish hotels in Perth?

This summer, I may be spending one night in Perth, to attend a show at the Concert Hall. I will be on holiday from the USA, and I will be using public transport. Since the concert and aftershow festivities will extend beyond the last public transport for the evening, I will need a hotel in the Central area of Perth, within walking distance of the Concert Hall. I analyzed Perth Hotels here on Trip Advisor, and found some rather average hotels with mixed reviews. The Royal George has the best reviews (within the City Center), primarily for the ambience of its location, exterior, and restaurant, but not for the comfort of its rooms. I noticed there were no new, stylish, contemporary hotels in Perth, such as City Inn or Apex. Have I missed a hidden gem of a hotel? Is it simply that Perth is not a magnet for business travelers and hotel development?

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,550 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any new, stylish hotels in Perth?

I have no personal experience of this place, but a friend recommended the New County Hotel. The reviews on TA look are fairly good and it's central enough for your needs.

perthshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any new, stylish hotels in Perth?

Hello - I'm from Perth and can think of no stylish city centre hotels which I suppose is because it's not a magnet for business travelers. There are the usual Holiday Inn/Travel Lodge type places out of town but I think you'll find the Royal George pleasant enough for one night (but not modern like an Apex) and it's about 1 minute walk from the concert hall. I would definitely recommend that above all other hotels in the centre of Perth.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any new, stylish hotels in Perth?

Probably the Most stylish hotels in town are The New County 3* and the Parklands 4* these are generally the ones that come our top rated and both are know for their food as well as the accomodation. Both are within 10 minutes walk to the town centre/concert hall. Parklands has lots of free parking and a nice terrace to sit on in summer, New County is slightly more central. These are your best 2 options.

4. Re: Any new, stylish hotels in Perth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:48 am, October 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Perth