We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter hire in Aberfeldy

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Scooter hire in Aberfeldy

Does anyone know where I can rent a scooter or vespa for the week (in Feb) when I go to Aberfeldy? I'm afraid to drive a car over there but I'm in a cottage in the country and would like to have some form of transportation (other than a bicycle). I thought a scooter might be just the thing but am having trouble finding anyplace in Perthshire that rents them. Thanks!

alyth, scotland
Level Contributor
656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooter hire in Aberfeldy

It will be very diffcult to find a scooter for hire - it's much more of a 'city' thing.

driving over here is not so difficult, once you get over the initial fear and first half hour, it's actually no different then driving in the US.

Well OK - there are not many tractors in New York, but you get used to them quickly.

There are many lovely places to explore in the area and a car would be very beneficial.

Scotland
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooter hire in Aberfeldy

Jeaniepie

The nearest place you might find scooter hire is Perth, but I would doubt you will find any even there. To be honest I would not recommend a scooter on our road and especially in February when we can get snow and frost making the road very slippy. Where is your cottage? There is some public transport in the area, Post bus, school bus, bus service three times a week that does a loop of the area and a bus service that covers Perth and Pitlochry from Aberfeldy several times a day. Also a very good taxi firm. Let me know where you are staying and I can find out more details for you.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,623 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scooter hire in Aberfeldy

You are afraid to drive a car but you would happily hire a small two wheeled unstable scooter and drive it around lonely country roads in the depths of winter when it could snow, rain, sleet, be foggy all in the space of an hour. Hmmmmm....

There is a reason that there are no places to hire scooters, no one in their right mind would want to at that time of year. Ditch the idea before it ditches you and hire a car to get around.

4. Re: Scooter hire in Aberfeldy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Perth