We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night bus / train from Edinburgh to Perth?

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
2 posts
Save Topic
Night bus / train from Edinburgh to Perth?

Hi all,

We're going to the Lebowski Fest in Edi on Fri 24th Aug and will need to travel back to Perth around 1am on Sat 25th. I'm really not finding any means of public transport on my frantic web searching - the last train seems to leave Edi at 11.30pm! Surely this can't be right?!

Cheers

aidey

Perth
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Night bus / train from Edinburgh to Perth?

thanks everyone for your messages and suggestions.

it's not so much that i'm used to being driven around more that i'm not usually out so late in the big city!

last megabus leaves edi at 11pm but thanks for that suggestion.

i think what surprises me most is the lack of transport from a major city given that it is summer tourist season and the festival is on.

perhaps i have been spoiled by the quick, reliable, clean public transport service in stockholm - with a great night service too.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Night bus / train from Edinburgh to Perth?

Edinburgh has a great night bus service too but between 2 cities 40 miles apart is unlikely at that time of night/morning.

I live about 4 miles from the city center and can get buses home throughout the night and many people living outside of Edinburgh can also do so ,just not as far as Perth.

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Night bus / train from Edinburgh to Perth?

Aidey As unclegus says, transport in the major cities is good. Perth is not a suburb of Edinburgh or any part of its conurbation. It's a very separate city a good distance away on the edge of the Highlands. It's open country most of the route (now Mway) and not built up so no enroute customers.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,682 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Night bus / train from Edinburgh to Perth?

Most people who are in Edinburgh for the Festivals stay in Edinburgh so there is little demand for a bus to somewhere 40 miles away at midnight

15. Re: Night bus / train from Edinburgh to Perth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Perth