We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in kirkmichel

Valletta, Malta
11 posts
Save Topic
3 days in kirkmichel

will be staying 3 days in the village of kirkmicheal in September. Willbe travelling by car - any suggestions for the best places to go to?

We are two adults with a six year old child.

2 replies to this topic
East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
10,731 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in kirkmichel

The A93 will take you up to Braemar - lovely run in the car and beautiful area for walking near Mar Lodge, Glen Quoich and Linn of Dee.

walkhighlands.co.uk/cairngorms/derry-lodge.s…

There may even be some Ranger led walks suitable for all ages available in September - go to the TIC in Braemar and ask for information or leaflets.

Dunkeld is also a nice drive from Kirkmichael - a pretty little town, with nice shops, cafes and riverside walks. The Beatrix Potter Garden may be of interest to the six year old if they are familiar with the stories.

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/dunkeld/dunkeld/i…

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/dunkeld/beatrixpo…

Pitlochry (tourist town) with its Salmon Leap is also within a short drive and In September you have a good chance of seeing leaping salmon at the Dam and Fish Ladder!

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/pitlochry/…

Regards

Woody x

Mentioned in this post
Dunkeld
Dunkeld
Perth and Kinross, UK
Pitlochry
Pitlochry
Perth and Kinross, UK
Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in kirkmichel

Woody beat me to it, exactly what I'd recommend too.

At Dunkeld there is a bird reserve (Loch of the Lowes) where you can see lots of birds, (including opspry if they have not left by then) and red squirrels. The Hermitage (NTS) has a spectacular waterfall and hermits cave (easy to find, waymarked from car park) which is always a big hit with kids

Mentioned in this post
Dunkeld
Dunkeld
Perth and Kinross, UK
Reply to: 3 days in kirkmichel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted