We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in September?

Which Elgin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in September?

I'm looking to come to Elgin on 22 September to spend the day driving around the Highlands in an open top Caterham.

I'm I mad?! Isn't it going to be raining? Or since we've had such a bad summer to date, is it going to be the best decision of my life?!

3 replies to this topic
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in September?

I admire your style and bravery. No way of casting the runes sadly, and the chances are probably more in favour of dry rather than wet, but the odds on wet are significant. In times past I'd favour September for a local holiday. The weather was reasonably good, and the crowds had died back a bit.

Bring a large waterproof, brolly, galoshes, hat, gloves, goggles. Chances are you can put them in the boot. Assuming your Caterham has a boot that can take more than two matchsticks ...

Norwich, UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in September?

Many thanks Derek.

Based upon your response, I think that I might just give it a go.

Unfortunately, it's not "my caterham" (although I do harbour dreams of buying one, one day). No, it's just that Elgin is one of the few places where you can hire one for the day. Beautiful countryside, combined with visiting my son who's at Lossiemouth.

Thanks again.

Aberlour, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in September?

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Sunny or clear spells and a few showers on Thursday and Friday with chilly nights and mainly light northerly winds. Saturday looks largely dry and bright

This is the next few days forcecast

Reply to: Weather in September?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Elgin