We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle bus between train and bus station?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
26 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle bus between train and bus station?

I need to get from Leuchars to Inverness on a Sunday, preferably leaving in the morning.

Scotrail suggests a route via Elgin, with the last stage of the journey by bus. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle from the train station to the bus station? I don't fancy carting my luggage on foot.

Any advice gratefully received!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,022 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle bus between train and bus station?

It's years since I've been there, but I don't remember Elgin as a big place.

And when buses replace trains, they usually meet passengers off the train at the station.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,385 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle bus between train and bus station?

<< Scotrail suggests a route via Elgin, with the last stage of the journey by bus. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle from the train station to the bus station? >>

It's a rail replacement bus. They must be digging up the line between Elgin and Inverness and so the trains can't run.

Therefore the bus will run from the train station forecourt

Edited: 3:13 am, June 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
26 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle bus between train and bus station?

Perfect! No need for me to trek across the wide expanse of Elgin Town then! ;)

Many thanks for your replies!

AA

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle bus between train and bus station?

You might be quicker and cheaper getting the bus although it'll likely involve changing in Dundee and Perth. Other option is get a bus to Kirkcaldy and pick up an Edinburgh to Inverness train from there.

www.travelinescotland.com

Edited: 11:05 am, June 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
26 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle bus between train and bus station?

Thank you Smithstone, but I've got plenty of time to view the beautiful countryside .. and I've just booked my train ticket! When I get there.. I get there... :)

6. Re: Shuttle bus between train and bus station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 20, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Elgin
More Elgin Topics