We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Braemar to Keith May 26-30

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Braemar to Keith May 26-30

My 86 year old father and I will be on a coach trip traveling in and around Braemar and my Dad would love to go to Keith where he spent a happy childhood. The hotel we are staying in, Bay Invercauld Arms Hotel is a bit off the beaten track and there are no car hire companies nearby and the bus to Aberdeen and then to Keith and back is going to be too much for my Dad at his age. I am looking for ideas or a kind soul willing to spend half a day or of their time to take us from Braemar to Keith and back. I reckon its about a 90 minute round trip. We are willing to pay for your time and petrol. This is likely the last time my Dad will get to see his childhood home. I am hoping someone in the area is able to respond to this request.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
438 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Braemar to Keith May 26-30

Have you thought of a local taxi? I don't know about Braemar but the taxis in Ballater seem very reasonable.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Braemar to Keith May 26-30

Most of the big car hire companies will do a delivery and collection for you, I know it adds a bit to the price but if you are out of options maybe its worth a look.

Level Contributor
921 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Braemar to Keith May 26-30

stevemuse ~> I sent you a Private Message about this yesterday. Don't know if you have found it?

4. Re: Travel from Braemar to Keith May 26-30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, November 06, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Moray