We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in summer with a baby...

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
213 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in summer with a baby...

We were hoping to come to stay in fort William this summer with out 8 month old baby, however I've scoured the web for affordable and clean places to stay with good reviews and everywhere is either too expensive, fully booked, a flea pit or don't accept babies :-(

Is there anywhere closeby that is worth staying in as an alternative and drive into FW each day or is it best to stay in FW itself?

I didn't realise how busy it would get else I'd have booked it sooner!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,881 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in summer with a baby...

What's the attraction in Fort William? It's not the most charming of towns. There are lots of prettier places to stay in the area

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
213 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in summer with a baby...

Like where? My husband wants to at least visit fort William but are open to staying elsewhere however we just don't know the area well enough to pick a pretty town. Where do you suggest?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
213 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in summer with a baby...

Where do you suggest? We want to visit FW but are open to staying elsewhere but dont know the area well enough to pick a pretty town.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
213 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in summer with a baby...

Sorry silly phone double posted!

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in summer with a baby...

I agree Fort William is not the nicest place to stay, but can recommend the Clan McDuff Hotel on the outskirts of town. With such a young baby would self catering be a better option? Hoseasons have plenty of sites in the area, log cabins etc.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,881 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in summer with a baby...

Ballachulish, Onich, Glenfinnan spring to mind

7. Re: Staying in summer with a baby...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 30, 2014