We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alexandra Hotel

travelingcats14
Level Contributor
150 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Alexandra Hotel

Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel? Is it clean and comfortable?

Edinburgh, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alexandra Hotel

Hi

Yes I have for business and no its awful well at least my experience was! See my comments on the hotel review. It is nice and central, depends what you are after but I think the Lime Tree is nicer or although further out The Moorings Hotel at Banvie is nice and by Neptune's Staircase. Its about 4 miles outside of Fort William and you would need a car because the bus service in the area is not that frequent.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alexandra Hotel

It's nothing special, but if you want to be central, and very close to the station, it will do for an overnight stay.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alexandra Hotel

We stayed there for 2 nights in early May, and it was absolutely fine. Lots of bus tours there so it's very much older guests, but our room was very nice (when booking ask for a refurbished room), and the breakfast was very good on the first day, although we were late coming down on the 2nd day so some things were running out, but that was probably partly our fault. Location is excellent and I'd have no hesitation booking again. In summary a reasonably good 3 star standard.

4. Re: Alexandra Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, September 28, 2009