We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fort william

Which Fort William hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
clydebank
3 posts
Save Topic
fort william

can anyone help im looking for some idea's for place of intrest if anyone can help let me know thanks alot.

clydebank
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: fort william

what im really looking for spots to take the family for a fun day out and a few recomened drinking spots for a relaxing evening

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fort william

The local tourist information centre is on the High Street and will be a wealth of suggestions for things to do and where to eat.

Telephone 01397 701801

Spean Bridge...
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fort william

Hello

In no particular order try:

Ardnamurchan Natural History Centre - good for kids especially

Take the Road to the Isles and look out for Harry Potter sights such as the Glenfinnan viaduct

Visit Fired Art on the High Street and the whole family can paint a plate, mug or tshirt or mum and dad can sit and have a cup of coffee

Go up in the gondola/cable car - great views and there is often snow up to Easter so you coudl go sledging

Go on a boat trip[ to see seals or whales

Hire bikes and try out some of the great tracks at Nevis Range

For food and a good pint try The Lochy or in the converted barn up Glen Nevis called The Ben Nevis Inn.

Or if you come out to Spean Bridge where we are you can visit the commando monument

Lochaber, Highlands
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: fort william

The sea life centre near Oban is good, and only 40 minutes or so from Fort William. The kids love it.

For some gorgeous walks, check out Glen Nevis. No mountain climbing required, just beautiful views.

Neptunes Staircase is cool, and a short trip.

dunfermline
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: fort william

I am also looking for places of interst to vist will am at Fort William any suggestions welcome.

jimmy222
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: fort william

i will be heading to fort william for summer i was wondering if there is any events/special activities during the june month?

7. Re: fort william

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 30, 2009